1. WHAT STYLES OF MUSIC DO YOU FEATURE?
Ballads, Big Band, Swing, Standards, Motown, R&B, Funk, Pop, Classic Rock, Disco, and today’s Dance hits are all available to be tailored to your event. Please check our song list. It shows our diversity.
2. WHAT DOES A TWO BASS JON SHOW SOUND LIKE?
Featuring three outstanding vocalists, Debbie, Kate, and Jimmy, our show has the same look and sound that you would expect at a concert. In addition to singing, Jimmy plays drums and percussion while Rick plays lead and rhythm guitar. Adapting the format that most concerts and television productions use, we incorporate professional studio quality backing tracks to give the music a big, rich, full, original concert sound. The supreme live vocals and instruments combined with studio quality backing tracks create music that is fabulous and offers the best of both worlds. Guests love it and the dance floor shows it! Please listen to our demos to hear our rich, full sound!
3. WHAT ARE THE FEES?
The fees depend on:
Our show will typically save you $1000-3000 as compared to other local bands. This savings can be used for photos, video, wedding coordinators, flowers, décor, food, beverages, limousine, honeymoon, or even your bank account!
4. DO YOU PERFORM FOR WEDDING RECEPTIONS?
For years we have performed at hundreds of wedding receptions, corporate parties, fundraisers, birthdays, anniversaries, dinner dances, and country clubs.
5. WHAT DO THE PERFORMERS WEAR?
The men wear tuxedos and the ladies wear eveningwear. If you have a themed event we can dress accordingly.
6. CAN YOU PROVIDE MUSIC FOR THE COCKTAIL HOUR?
If the cocktail hour is in the same room as the reception we can provide background music on CD’S or we can provide a string quartet, piano, guitar, harp, etc.
7. MY FIANCE AND I HAVE A SPECIAL SONG THAT WE’D LIKE TO
DANCE TO AND IT IS NOT ON YOUR LIST. WILL YOU LEARN IT?
We will gladly learn a song for you. We ask that you inform us of the song and the artist two months prior to the event.
8. CAN WE DANCE TO A CD FOR OUR FIRST DANCE?
Absolutely. We understand that you may have prepared special dance steps according to your favorite arrangement. We will be happy to play the CD for you if it helps you to relax and enjoy your day.
9. CAN WE SEE THE SHOW PRIOR TO BOOKING THE BAND?
Yes, we encourage prospective clients to see entertainers perform. A band should not only sound great, they should entertain your guests. We can give you locations and times of functions that would be conducive to viewing. Since most of our functions are private, please dress appropriately. Whatever your interest, be it a dinner set or dance set, we can advise you of the best time for you to visit.
10. HOW LONG DOES THE BAND PLAY?
Most functions are booked for 4 hours. The band will play a one-hour set, then three 45-minute sets.
11. HOW MANY BREAKS DOES THE BAND TAKE?
The band will take three fifteen-minute breaks during a 4-hour function.
12. DO YOU PLAY MUSIC WHILE ON BREAK?
We do play music on breaks. We can supply the music or if you provide a list of your favorite 18 songs two weeks prior to the event we will play those selections during breaks.
13. HOW EARLY DO THE PERFORMERS ARRIVE FOR A FUNCTION?
The performers arrive 90 minutes prior to start time. This allows time to set up and go over final details with the event coordinator.
14. WILL THE BAND REQUIRE A LARGE AREA OR BE TOO LOUD?
Although we have a big, rich, full sound, we take up less space than any other comparable function band. In addition, we are able to control the volume of the entire show with one control.
15. WILL THE BAND PLAY LONGER THAN 4 HOURS?
Whenever possible the band is more than willing to play overtime. Please discuss this when booking the band.
16. HOW DO WE RESERVE TWO BASS JON?
Contact us by e-mail or by telephone (207-829-3175). We will answer any questions you have and are happy to meet with you. At the time of booking we will send you an entertainment agreement. This agreement will need to be signed and a deposit of 25% to be made within 7 days. Deposits are non-refundable.
The details of your Special Event are very important; therefore, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you. We will send you the wedding information form and the music selection form. The music selection form will request that you select 60 of your favorite songs from our list and let us know about any special songs that you would like us to learn for your formal dances.
As emcee we coordinate the details of your event with Wedding Coordinators, Banquet Managers, Photographers, and other Vendors, to ensure you that your event runs smoothly.
17. DO YOU HAVE ANY PLANNING SUGGESTIONS?
- Book early. One year is not too early to find entertainment.
- Seat younger guests near the band.
- Etiquette dictates that guests dance only after the Bride and Groom have danced their first dance. Therefore, we recommend that the Bride and Groom have their first dance following their introductions. This will allow their guests to dance during the dinner sets.
- Ask the wedding party to dance early during the first set.
This will encourage other guests to join in.
- Relax and have fun!
- At the end of the event, use the microphone and thank everyone for
celebrating with you.
18. DO YOU WORK WITH SAME SEX COUPLES?
We certainly do and we enjoy helping couples plan the entertainment for their special day. We are great listeners and can offer suggestions if needed.
TWO BASS JON is a proud member of wedalert.com and SearchSouthernMaine.